Friday, November 6, 2015

Living in a Glass House - Expecting Breakthrough!

We lived with the Ericksons for 7 weeks in Shreveport, LA from the end of August through September.  We found our location for Perfect Swing at the Shreveport Country Club.  Then I began commuting and working in Dallas on the new Dinesh D'Souza Documentary, Stealing America, as the Animatic Editor.
Can you spot my red Titleist hat?  

While in Dallas, my film investor told me there is further delay in releasing the funding and the timeline is unknown.  My worst fear... I did nothing, told no one until my peace returned.  3 days later on Sunday morning I prayed a simple prayer on the way to church.  "Jesus, I will continue to wait for Perfect Swing to launch as long as you want me to just tell me where you want me and my family to live as we wait, Shreveport, Dallas or back home in the NW, Portland.  By that evening a couple that we just met that morning in our Sunday School class called us and told us that they have a beautiful, furnished, 1800 sq ft, two story loft apartment in downtown Shreveport for us for as long as we need it, rent free.  They said, "Jesus, wanted us to have it."  Wow, what an answer to prayer!  We moved in at the beginning of October and are truly blessed.  The front of our home is made of Glass Bricks.  I call it my Glass Castle in my city of refuge.  Remember we are on a conquest, we have crossed the Jordan and we are conquering land so we can possess our promised land.  We are just using Capitalism, not Swords.  =)  

Deuteronomy 6:10-12The Message (MSG)

10-12 When God, your God, ushers you into the land he promised through your ancestors Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob to give you, you’re going to walk into large, bustling cities you didn’t build, well-furnished houses you didn’t buy, come upon wells you didn’t dig, vineyards and olive orchards you didn’t plant. When you take it all in and settle down, pleased and content, make sure you don’t forget how you got there—God brought you out of slavery in Egypt.
We are expecting breakthrough at any moment.  Could God be any more clear?  Perfect Swing will be shot in Shreveport.  Currently I am moving forward in faith by creating an Animatic for Perfect Swing just like I did for Stealing America.  Just hearing the actors read the lines is breathing life into this project.  Keep praying and keep expecting with us!  The walls delaying funding are coming down!


No comments:

Post a Comment