Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Fighting to Win


On Saturday I played a solo round on our location for Perfect Swing in Shreveport, LA.  I played and prayed on the land that Jesus gave us.  Before we arrived in August, God told the manager we were coming and opened up the doors before us.  When our financing was delayed Jesus gave us a fully furnished home less then 10 minutes from the course.  I have been working on other projects as a video editor to provide for my family as we wait for production to begin.  Our family became members of the local church we have been attending as well as joining the country club.  My girls are learning to play golf.  I take them to the driving range 3 times a week to hit a bucket of balls.  My wife and I are playing golf for the first time as a couple.  As we possess this land, our inheritance, we feel the spiritual attack increase;  discouragement, doubt, feelings of being insignificant, feelings of being a fool while we wait for the funds to be released.  I continue to do the work set before me to provide for my family, play the course in faith to prepare me as a director, teach my children, love my wife, meet with young men to encourage them and let wiser men speak into my life.  We are trying to partner with a prophetic word spoken to me during church from the stage in February, "The season of delay is over and stability beyond what you can imagine is coming from the Lord, continue to worship Him."  This week I've experienced more delay in my video editing work, hence the time to blog and reflect today.  Will you declare with us this season of delay over?!  The stability of joyful expectation to rule in our home.  Let all the resources we need to make this movie be attracted to us.  The enemy knows we are here to destroy the works of the devil and lift up Jesus and reveal the truths of who Father God really is.  The enemy may now know our intentions but how much more do I need to be reminded that my God is with me fighting for me, preparing the way.  This is what I am learning and is also the main theme of Perfect Swing.  


Deuteronomy 20The Message (MSG)

20 1-4 When you go to war against your enemy and see horses and chariots and soldiers far outnumbering you, do not recoil in fear of them; God, your God, who brought you up out of Egypt is with you. When the battle is about to begin, let the priest come forward and speak to the troops. He’ll say, “Attention, Israel. In a few minutes you’re going to do battle with your enemies. Don’t waver in resolve. Don’t fear. Don’t hesitate. Don’t panic. God, your God, is right there with you, fighting with you against your enemies, fighting to win.”

No comments:

Post a Comment