Thursday, August 11, 2016

Road May Flood - Power of Expectancy


This summer our family drove over 7,000 miles for vacation.  We were able to drive home to Oregon and spend July with our parents, siblings and friends.  We relaxed and had a perfect NW summer enjoying the mountains, flowing rivers and ocean beaches.  As we began the trek back to Louisiana we were very expectant for breakthrough for our movie, Perfect Swing.  Our first stop was in Redding, CA at Bethel.  This is where our journey began.  This is where our dream was resurrected.  We were expectant for God to do something new, to finish the work he began two years ago this same month.  We were encouraged by the believers there and continued south.  We enjoyed our last day by the pool at my younger brother's home with his family near Pasadena, CA.  Then we arose at 4 AM and headed east for two days across the desert.  Several times I saw the warning sign, "Road May Flood".  It was summer and dry and didn't worry me, but it did describe the expectancy I was feeling for my motion picture company, Highwater Entertainment.  The flood I am expecting is a new encounter with God.  A lyric from Bethel's, Spirit Move, says, "Let your power rush in like a flood."  That's what it's going to take to impact an audience with our film, power.  Not my power.  I literally have no way to finish this film.  I am no big shot producer.  I am completely dependent on God to finish this work.  We have been obedient to write the screenplay, complete the business plan, and build the team.  He has provided for us by bringing me other production work, giving us our golf course location and speak to perfect strangers to provide a beautifully furnished home for us as we wait.  Wait for what?  Power.  

And behold, I am sending the promise of my Father upon you. But stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” - Luke 24:49

Just like the yellow warning sign says, it may or may not flood down the road ahead.  But when the rain season is upon us we will be ready and I see the clouds billowing up into the heavens ahead and I can hear the thunder roll in downtown Shreveport as I write. Expect with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment