Friday, May 29, 2015

New Life - Goodbye Washington


This is not how I would have imagined leaving our home in Olympia.  Today we sign the final documents and move out this Sunday.  It's been a mixture of emotions.  It's sad to say goodbye to friends and a little scary to move to an unknown part of the country yet the energy of excitement from my wife and four kids as we pack and clean is pure joy.  The enemy wants me to feel like I have failed them by moving them out of their home.  But a friend of mine told me this week that our name, "Himes", means "Home".  The truth is our family together is home, wherever that may be.  

This morning I was asked what we prefer for our accommodations while working on the movie Nouvelle Vie in Indiana, a hotel with a pool or a house near the lake.  We unanimously chose the house near the lake!  Jesus pointed out to me that it's no coincidence that our first project after our move is called Nouvelle Vie, which is french for, New Life.  We have been preparing for this New Life that's been a promise in our hearts for decades, to make "Movies With Life", which is the tag line and vision of our company Highwater Entertainment.  

April and I ran our first 5k last Saturday from our house to Meconis Subs! #WillRunForFood =)  We have been training for 8 weeks and for the first time in my life I ran for 30 minutes straight, hey I am a big guy.  =)  The training is complete, physically, mentally and spiritually and it's time step into this New Life.  Next week I will be blogging from a new state!  Stay tuned!  Join the prayer team for Perfect Swing Movie and receive a weekly email with prayer points!

No comments:

Post a Comment